If you live anywhere in the “River Bend” area of Iowa – Cedar, Clinton, Muscatine and Scott counties – and you need help getting around, River Bend Transit is there for you. RBT’s lift-equipped vehicles and courteous drivers specialize in serving people with disabilities and the elderly who may need some assistance. Our 70 vehicles crisscross 2,157 square miles – in a single year traveling more than a million miles -- in rain, sleet, snow or sunshine.
Here’s how we serve you:
- RBT does not operate like a regular city bus service; its buses do not cover a fixed route. Each trip is designed to meet your individual needs.
- RBT also takes riders to University Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City.
- In rural areas, RBT serves a different portion of each county on its designated day, Monday-Friday. For more information visit County Services or see Fare Cards for detail rates.
- RBT vehicles are equipped with specialized lifts or ramps to aid riders.
- Our courteous drivers assist anyone who needs help to enter and exit a vehicle.
- Your Personal Care Attendant (PCA) rides free.
Michelle A. (Davenport)
“I depend on River Bend Transit’s nighttime service to bring me home from work and pick up my boys – Robert, Michael and Derek – from daycare three nights a week.”